Tuesday 22 November 2011

Types of sound for a media product.

Dialogue- language, accent, tone, style and register.
Voiceover- often narration, human voice in background of scene, used for characters thoughts often.
Incidental music- subtly added music to help scenes mood.
Ambient sound- natural background noise.
Themes and stings- jingles, theme tunes, repeated for emphasis.
Soundtrack- everything in a scene, music, speech, jingle, background noise.
Sound effects-added for emphasis such as explosions etc.
Silence- creates tension/ suspense for effect.

I would like to use some Incidental music, dialogue, sound effects but also silence in places in my project, I feel I can use this to create effect in my scene in tense moments, especially the silence/incidental sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment